Merger activity remained unchanged with three new deals announced and one deal closing. You can find all the active deals listed below in our Merger Arbitrage Tool (MAT) that automatically updates itself during market hours.
There were no new deals announced in the Deals in the Works section.
|Total Number of Deals Closed in 2019||176|
|Total Number of Deals Not Completed in 2019||9|
|Total Number of Pending Deals|
|Stock & Cash Deals||6|
|Total Number of Pending Deals||75|
|Aggregate Deal Consideration||$1.31 trillion|
- The acquisition of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (AMTD) by The Charles Schwab Corporation (SCHW) for $26 billion in an all stock deal. Under the terms of the agreement, TD Ameritrade stockholders will receive 1.0837 Schwab shares for each TD Ameritrade share. I am surprised the spread on this all stock deal is just 3.5%. Considering how much of the independent Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) market the combined entity will control, regulatory approval is the key risk for this deal.
- The acquisition of AVX Corporation (AVX) by Kyocera Corporation for $2.61 billion or $19.50 per share in cash. Kyocera currently owns approximately 72% of AVX’s outstanding shares.
- The merger of SORL Auto Parts (SORL) with Ruili International for $351.05 million or $4.72 per share in cash in a management led going-private transaction. We added SORL as a potential deal to the Deals in the Works section on April 25, 2019, and the price after the news of the potential deal came out was $3.89.
- On November 25, 2019, CBS Corporation (CBS) and Viacom (VIAB) announced that their pending merger is currently expected to close after market hours on Wednesday, December 4, 2019.
- On November 27, 2019, Tech Data (TECD) announced that it has entered into an amendment to its previously announced definitive agreement with Apollo Global Management (APO). The Amendment provides that the consideration to be received by holders of Tech Data common stock has been increased to $145 per share in cash from $130 per share in cash, among certain other changes.
- The acquisition of Oritani Financial (ORIT) by Valley National Bancorp (VLY) on November 29, 2019. It took 156 days for this deal to be completed.
Top 10 deals with largest spreads:
|PACB||11/01/2018||Illumina, Inc. (ILMN)||$8.00||$5.14||03/31/2020||55.64%||169.24%|
|GNW||10/23/2016||China Oceanwide Holdings Group Co., Ltd. (N/A)||$5.43||$3.96||12/31/2019||37.12%||467.22%|
|S||04/29/2018||T-Mobile US, Inc. (TMUS)||$8.06||$5.92||01/31/2020||36.08%||219.50%|
|ABDC||08/13/2019||Crescent Capital BDC, Inc. (N/A)||$11.02||$9||12/31/2019||22.44%||282.49%|
|OHAI||08/01/2019||Portman Ridge Finance Corporation (PTMN)||$1.46||$1.29||12/31/2019||13.18%||165.86%|
|MLNX||03/11/2019||NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA)||$125.00||$114.9||03/31/2020||8.79%||26.74%|
|SORL||11/29/2019||Ruili International Inc. (N/A)||$4.72||$4.42||06/30/2020||6.79%||11.74%|
|AGN||06/25/2019||AbbVie Inc. (ABBV)||$196.27||$184.94||03/31/2020||6.13%||18.64%|
|TSG||10/02/2019||Flutter Entertainment PLC (PDYPF)||$25.74||$24.29||09/30/2020||5.97%||7.19%|
|FIT||11/01/2019||Google LLC (N/A)||$7.35||$6.96||06/30/2020||5.60%||9.69%|
List of all pending deals:
List of all pending deals:
Disclaimer: I hold long positions in Sprint (S), Mellanox Technologies (MLNX) and Pacific Biosciences of California (PACB). Please do your own due diligence before buying or selling any securities mentioned in this article. We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the content or data provided in this article.