Merger activity decreased last week with one new deal announced. You can find all the active deals listed below in our Merger Arbitrage Tool (MAT) that automatically updates itself during market hours.
There were three new deals announced in the Deals in the Works section.
|Total Number of Deals Closed in 2019||124|
|Total Number of Deals Not Completed in 2019||8|
|Total Number of Pending Deals|
|Stock & Cash Deals||13|
|Total Number of Pending Deals||86|
|Aggregate Deal Consideration||$1.13 trillion|
- The acquisition of MAM Software Group (MAMS) by Kerridge Commercial Systems for $154.2 million or $12.12 per share in cash.
- On September 3, 2019, Roche Holding and Spark Therapeutics (ONCE) announced another extension of the takeover offer as regulatory reviews continue. The offer for Spark shares now runs to October 1, 2019. The offer was extended to provide additional time for the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and the UK Competition and Markets Authority to complete their previously disclosed reviews of Roche’s pending acquisition of Spark.
- On September 3, 2019, Hydrogenics Corporation (HYGS) announced that it has obtained a final order from the Ontario Superior Court of Justice approving the previously-announced plan of arrangement pursuant to which Atlantis AcquisitionCo Canada Corporation, a subsidiary of Cummins will acquire all of the outstanding common shares of the Company.
- September 3, 2019: According to Reuters, Illinois has joined a multistate lawsuit aimed at stopping the merger of U.S. wireless carriers T-Mobile (TMUS) and Sprint (S).
- On September 4, 2019, shareholders of ASV Holdings (ASV) approved the company’s merger with an affiliate of Yanmar Holdings at a special meeting of shareholders.
- On September 5, 2019, at a special meeting held in New York, Sotheby’s (BID) shareholders approved the proposed acquisition of the Company by BidFair USA, an entity wholly owned by Patrick Drahi.
- On September 5, 2019, S&T Bancorp (STBA) and DNB Financial Corporation (DNBF) jointly announced that they have received all required bank regulatory approvals for the pending acquisition of DNB by S&T. The closing of the transaction remains subject to approval by DNB shareholders at a special meeting of DNB shareholders scheduled for September 25, 2019.
- On September 6, 2019, Stewart Information Services Corporation (STC) announced that U.S. Federal Trade Commission notified the Company that it has filed a lawsuit to block Stewart’s proposed merger agreement with Fidelity National Financial (FNF). FTC commissioners voted 3-to-1 to authorize staff to file the lawsuit.
- On September 6, 2019, Autokiniton US Holdings announced that Tiger Merger Sub has extended the offering period of its previously announced cash tender offer to purchase all of the outstanding shares of common stock of Tower International (TOWR). The tender offer is now scheduled to expire, on September 25, 2019, unless extended or earlier terminated.
Top 10 deals with largest spreads:
|STC||03/19/2018||Fidelity National Financial, Inc. (FNF)||$53.64||$33.65||09/30/2019||59.41%||1032.66%|
|PACB||11/01/2018||Illumina, Inc. (ILMN)||$8.00||$5.57||12/31/2019||43.63%||140.92%|
|ABDC||08/13/2019||Crescent Capital BDC, Inc. (N/A)||$11.02||$8.97||12/31/2019||22.85%||73.82%|
|GNW||10/23/2016||China Oceanwide Holdings Group Co., Ltd. (N/A)||$5.43||$4.43||12/31/2019||22.57%||72.91%|
|S||04/29/2018||T-Mobile US, Inc. (TMUS)||$8.12||$6.82||01/31/2020||19.03%||48.23%|
|MLNX||03/11/2019||NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA)||$125.00||$109.6||12/31/2019||14.05%||45.39%|
|ONCE||02/25/2019||Roche Holding AG (RHHBY)||$114.50||$101.07||04/30/2020||13.29%||20.73%|
|AVP||05/22/2019||Natura Cosméticos S.A. (NATU3.SA)||$4.80||$4.28||01/31/2020||12.15%||30.80%|
|AGN||06/25/2019||AbbVie Inc. (ABBV)||$178.86||$163.26||03/31/2020||9.55%||17.10%|
|ACIA||07/08/2019||Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO)||$70.00||$64.36||07/31/2020||8.76%||9.81%|
List of all pending deals:
List of all pending deals:
Disclaimer: I hold long positions in Mellanox Technologies (MLNX), Pacific Biosciences of California (PACB), Celgene (CELG), Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) and Finisar (FNSR). Please do your own due diligence before buying or selling any securities mentioned in this article. We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the content or data provided in this article.