After a very active prior week where we saw nine new deals announced, merger activity decreased last week with two new deals announced and four pending deals closing. You can find all the active deals listed below in our Merger Arbitrage Tool (MAT) that automatically updates itself during market hours.
There was one new deal announced in the Deals in the Works section.
|Total Number of Deals Closed in 2019||80|
|Total Number of Deals Not Completed in 2019||5|
|Total Number of Pending Deals|
|Stock & Cash Deals||11|
|Total Number of Pending Deals||64|
|Total Deal Size||$912.63 billion|
- The acquisition of Amber Road (AMBR) by E2open for $425 million or $13.05 per share in cash.
- The acquisition of Cray (CRAY) by Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) for $1.3 billion or $35.00 per share in cash.
- May 13, 2019: T-Mobile US (TMUS) and Sprint (S), fighting to win regulatory clearance for their merger, are considering possible concessions to salvage the deal, according to people familiar with the situation.
- On May 14, 2019, Roche and Spark Therapeutics (ONCE) announced that Roche and Spark intend to refile on or about 23 May 2019 their respective Premerger Notification and Report Forms under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act.
- The acquisition of Maxwell Technologies (MXWL) by Tesla (TSLA) on May 16, 2019. It took 101 days for this deal to be completed.
- The acquisition of InfraREIT (HIFR) by Oncor Electric Delivery Company on May 16, 2019. It took 210 days for this deal to be completed.
- The acquisition of MedEquities Realty Trust (MRT) by Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI) on May 17, 2019. It took 135 days for this deal to be completed.
- The acquisition of SI Financial Group (SIFI) by Berkshire Hills Bancorp (BHLB) on May 17, 2019. It took 157 days for this deal to be completed.
Top 10 deals with largest spreads:
|INUV||11/05/2018||ConversionPoint Technologies, Inc. (N/A)||$2.22||$0.65||06/30/2019||241.54%||2150.28%|
|GNW||10/23/2016||China Oceanwide Holdings Group Co., Ltd. (N/A)||$5.43||$3.33||06/30/2019||63.06%||561.42%|
|S||04/29/2018||T-Mobile US, Inc. (TMUS)||$7.73||$6.18||07/29/2019||25.08%||130.77%|
|STC||03/19/2018||Fidelity National Financial, Inc. (FNF)||$50.26||$42.93||06/30/2019||17.07%||151.93%|
|LKSD||10/31/2018||Quad/Graphics, Inc. (QUAD)||$6.24||$5.45||06/30/2019||14.45%||128.64%|
|WCG||03/27/2019||Centene Corporation (CNC)||$309.42||$274.7||06/30/2020||12.64%||11.33%|
|MLNX||03/11/2019||NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA)||$125.00||$112.89||12/31/2019||10.73%||17.40%|
|PACB||11/01/2018||Illumina, Inc. (ILMN)||$8.00||$7.23||06/30/2019||10.65%||94.81%|
|ZAYO||05/08/2019||affiliates of Digital Colony Partners and EQT Infrastructure IV fund (N/A)||$35.00||$32.7||06/30/2020||7.03%||6.31%|
|BXG||03/04/2019||BBX Capital Corporation (BBX)||$16.00||$14.96||06/30/2019||6.95%||61.89%|
List of all pending deals:
List of all pending deals:
Disclaimer: I hold long positions in Red Hat (RHT), Celgene (CELG), Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) and Finisar (FNSR). Please do your own due diligence before buying or selling any securities mentioned in this article. We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the content or data provided in this article.