Merger activity decreased last week with five new deals announced and three closing.
You can find all the active deals listed below in our Merger Arbitrage Tool that automatically updates itself during market hours.
|Total Number of Deals Closed in 2011||128|
|Total Number of Deals Not Completed in 2011||1|
|Total Number of Pending Deals|
|Stock & Cash Deals||11|
|Total Number of Pending Deals||70|
- The acquisition of Nalco Holdings (NLC) by Ecolab (ECL) for $5.4 billion in a stock or cash deal. Under the terms of the agreement, Nalco’s shareholders may elect to receive either 0.7005 share of Ecolab common stock or $38.80 in cash, without interest, per share of Nalco common stock. The overall mix of consideration paid to Nalco shareholders will be approximately 30% cash and 70% stock.
- The acquisition of Allos Therapeutics (ALTH) by Amag Pharmaceuticals (AMAG) in an all stock deal for $686 million, where Allos stockholders will receive a fixed ratio of 0.1282 shares of AMAG common stock for each share of Allos common stock they own.
- The acquisition of Icagen (ICGN) by Pfizer (PFE) for $56 million or $6.00 per share in cash.
- The acquisition of Medco Health Solutions (MHS) by Express Scripts (ESRX) for $29.1 billion in a cash plus stock deal, where Medco shareholders will receive $28.80 in cash and 0.81 shares of Express Scripts for each Medco share they own.
- The acquisition of SFN Group (SFN) by Randstad Holding for $770 million or $14.00 per share in cash.
- On July 19, 2011, Transatlantic Holdings (TRH) announced that it has determined that the proposal set forth in the letter received from Validus Holdings (VR) on July 12, 2011 to acquire all of the outstanding shares of Transatlantic common stock does not constitute a “Superior Proposal” under the merger agreement that Transatlantic entered into with Allied World Assurance Company Holdings.
- On July 20, 2011, Validus Holdings (VR) said that it still wants to acquire fellow insurance company Transatlantic Holdings (TRH) and argued that its bid for the company is better than that of a Switzerland-based rival.
- The acquisition of SRA International (SRX) by Providence Equity Partners on July 20, 2011
- The acquisition of Warner Music Group (WMG) by Access Industries on July 20, 2011
- The acquisition of Legacy Bancorp (LEGC) by Berkshire Hills (BHLB) on July 21, 2011
Top 10 deals with largest spreads:
|GRAN||04/27/2011||FNB United Corp (FNBN)||$1.49||$0.83||09/30/2011||78.92%||429.91%|
|HRBN||06/20/2011||Tech Full Electric Company Limited (N/A)||$24.00||$19.39||12/31/2011||23.78%||54.58%|
|CSR||04/20/2011||Rightmark Holdings Limited (N/A)||$6.50||$5.56||09/30/2011||16.91%||92.10%|
|TAM||01/19/2011||LAN Airlines S.A. (LFL)||$25.74||$22.24||12/31/2011||15.74%||36.13%|
|MHS||07/21/2011||Express Scripts, Inc. (ESRX)||$75.21||$65.96||06/30/2012||14.03%||15.02%|
|ALTH||07/20/2011||Amag Pharmaceuticals (AMAG)||$2.03||$1.80||12/31/2011||12.89%||29.58%|
|CFSG||05/20/2011||Bain Capital Partners (N/A)||$9.00||$8.30||11/15/2011||8.43%||27.24%|
|ZRAN||02/21/2011||CSR PLC (CSR.L)||$9.18||$8.53||09/30/2011||7.67%||41.78%|
|CRU||05/05/2011||Capital Product Partners L.P. (CPLP)||$13.46||$12.59||09/30/2011||6.93%||37.77%|
|FTLK||05/31/2011||Fortress Group Limited (N/A)||$7.20||$6.80||09/30/2011||5.88%||32.05%|
List of all pending deals:
List of all pending deals: